|10.0.2||February/20/2020||winmostar0_setup_10.0.2.exe|| Development Latest Release
|9.4.3||January/20/2020||winmostar0_setup_9.4.3.exe|| Stable Latest Release
- Only Windows 7, 8 and 10 are natively supported, but you can also run on the other OSs using a virtual machine.
- This installer is commonly used for all editions and packages.
- If you already installed the previous version, overwrite it, or install at the new directory and use both.
(1) Save winmostar0_setup_X.X.X.exe in a suitable folder and execute it.
(2) For 64 bit version Windows, select the type of Winmostar to be installed from 64 bit version or 32 bit version.
(3) Specify the installation folder (C:\winmos9 as default) and start the installation.
After the installation is completed, a shortcut is created on the start menu and on the desktop.
* When warning of security software comes out, please ignore it and continue installation (same as below).
* If the old version has already been installed, it is possible to overwrite the installation or change the installation folder to coexist with the old version.
(4) If you have not obtained the license code, please check the function table , register and acquire the license at the following links.
Professional Edition (Trial)
(5) In the case of a new installation, start Winmostar and set the license code in the dialog that appears at the first boot.
(6) Install the solver to be used on Windows as the following links.
GAMESS NWChem LAMMPS Quantum ESPRESSO * Gromacs, Amber, MODYLAS, OpenMX are included in cygwin_wm which is installed in (7).
(7) When executing the calculation of MD or Solid pack (and some other processing), build the Cygwin environment as the following links.
Installing pre-built cygwin_wm (recommended)
When building cygwin_wm (Deprecated, for advanced users)
When using Windows Subsystem for Linux instead of Cygwin (Experimental)
(8) If necessary, exclude the Winmostar and Cygwin installation folders from the monitoring target in the setting of the security software being used.
(9) When submitting a remote job, install the solver to be used on the Linux server of the submission destination as the following links.
NWChem, Gromacs, Amber * If job scheduler (qsub etc.) is not installed on Linux server, install TORQUE following here .
Remove Winmostar's installation folder and the shortcuts manually.